COSMHYC XL Project Consortium
you are here: Consortium
COSMHYC and COSMHYC XL Consortium.
The consortium is composed of partners out of 3 European countries (Germany, France and Denmark) and gathers expertise covering the whole value chain from development to industrial implementation in the field of hydrogen refuelling stations.
Two industrial partners (MAHYTEC and Nel Hydrogen) will work in close collaboration with experts of hydrogen technologies (LBST), specialists of innovation management (Steinbeis 2i) and researchers (EIFER).
The consortium is coordinated by the research center, which guarantees a strong innovation oriented approach. The involvement of two industrial partners and their intensive interactions with consultancy companies shows the high willingness of the consortium not only to demonstrate solutions for decarbonisation of the transport sector, but also to industrialize them.
EIFER involvement in COSMHYC and COSMHYC XL: EIFER will coordinate the project, will be leader on the development of the compressor prototype and will supervise the test phase. EIFER aims at accelerating the development of hydrogen electric mobility from carbon free electricity. Besides, we aim at being one of the major hydrogen research centres in Europe by developing expertise on key technological bottlenecks.
David Colomar (Coordinator)
+49 721 61 05 1330
Thanks to its comprehensive know-how on hydrogen technologies, MAHYTEC can also supply integrated systems to store energy. This back up energy system integrates hybrid system: Electrolyser/Hydrogen Circuit/FuelCell-Batteries to provide an optimized solution to store electricity.
MAHYTEC involvement in COSMHYC and COSMHYC XL: MAHYTEC’s goal is to provide compressors using metal hydrides. It will result in an economic and silent way to compress hydrogen. MAHYTEC is working on the development of hydride materials and hydride reactors that can work at high pressure.
Jean-Michel Tisserand, Project Manager
+33 384 80 17 25
Nel is delivering optimal solutions to produce, store and distribute hydrogen from renewable energy. This is based on our two product areas on electrolysers for hydrogen production and H2Station® for hydrogen fuelling of vehicles. With more than 850 reliable, cost efficient electrolysers installed around the globe, Nel Hydrogen is the recognised industry leader of alkaline water electrolysers. Our water electrolysers make a superior choice for industry, power-to-gas and power-to-power applications. The H2Station® is a new generation hydrogen fuelling station for Fuel Cell Electric Vehicles, providing fast fuelling with long range according to international standards. H2Station® offers the world’s most compact footprint and is based on years of operational experience in the field and is renowned for providing high fuelling reliability.
Nel Hydrogen involvement in COSMHYC and COSMHYC XL: Nel is convinced that hydrogen compression is a key component in hydrogen fuelling stations – and continued cost reductions and efficiency improvements are important for the successful adoption of hydrogen for transport. Nel is involved in the R&D of core compressor R&D in the project specifically focusing on the mechanical compressor. Our involvement is based on years of collaboration with compressor manufacturers and actual field use in hydrogen fuelling stations throughout Europe.
Mikael Sloth, VP Business Development
+ 45 96275602
Steinbeis 2i acts as:
- Member of the Enterprise Europe Network (EEN) since 2008 with close to 600 participating organisations in over 50 countries, and is a reliable and experienced partner in the network for European technology transfer, promotion of exploitable European research results and innovation capacity building.
- The regional Contact Point for Small and Medium-sized Enterprises in Baden-Württemberg, Germany.
- A provider for Baden-Württemberg's Universities of Applied Science with information on European support programmes and supports them in formulating proposals and implementing European projects on behalf of the Ministry of Research, Science and the Arts Baden-Württemberg.
Steinbeis 2i supports companies, universities and research organisations by submitting and implementing cross-border innovation projects, by identifying and selecting appropriate funding and innovation programmes as well as taking steps to internationalise and enter European markets.
S2i’s core competences are:
- Assistance in the exploitation of research results, to promote trans-national technology transfer, to stimulate and support the innovation process in industrial companies and to provide professional training.
- Advice for policy makers and administrations on regional futures scenarios, on innovation and cluster policy issues and accompany knowledge exchange at the European level.
- Expert knowledge on communication and dissemination of research and innovation projects and their results, in particular on energy topics.
- Facilitating networking among innovation actors, e.g. through the professional and competent organisation of European conferences and events
Steinbeis 2i involvement in COSMHYC and COSMHYC XL: Steinbeis 2i assists the German coordinator EIFER with administrative and financial project management. As project partner Steinbeis 2i is responsible for communication, dissemination and exploitation of project results.
Marie-Eve Reinert, Project Manager Fuel Cells and Hydrogen
LBST involvement in COSMHYC and COSMHYC XL: LBST is responsible for the techno-economic analysis of the proposed hybrid compressor solution. This includes the selection and definition of relevant compressor applications with its respective technical requirements as well as the benchmark against other existing hydrogen compressor solutions. The relevant compressor requirements include e.g. pressure ranges, dynamics, throughput, hydrogen purity, reliability, emission limits, power consumptions, floor space and others parameters. This information will help to develop a compressor solution within the COSMHYC project which perfectly meets the applications’ requirements. Based on the newly develop compressor solution, LBST will perform an economic feasibility study and will benchmark the economic and technical performance against state-of-the-art compressors. This will enable the consortium to verify the business case of the new product and to identify and prove the unique selling proposition of this technology.
Jan Zerhusen, Senior Project Manager
+49 (0)89 60 81 10 23